Managed by a Chief Executive, the Te Matatini office is responsible for:
- distributing funding for regional kapa haka development and national school competitions;
- organising Te Matatini National Kapa Haka Festival;
- co-ordinating international opportunities to showcase kapa haka overseas;
- co-ordinating one off kapa haka events and productions;
- growing sponsorship and revenue for Te Matatini and kapa haka development;
- managing government and sponsor relationships; and
- Government reporting.